Music Banter - View Single Post - Things You Loved / Self Accomplishments About 2016
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2017, 04:06 PM   #65 (permalink)
WWWP
county fair energy

Posted this text on Facebook today but maybe it belongs here too.

I've been going to SRJC for like, seven years now, but there's an end to my time there in sight and it's finally all starting to pay off. I completed my student teaching and received a certificate in Early Childhood Education last Spring, which qualified me for this amazing opportunity to work as an intern through SRJC in a classroom that serves as a best practices model site for the CA Program for Infant/Toddler Care. The second leg of my internship begins next week, and by May I'll be a fully certified preschool teacher with literally the best training you could hope to get - the SRJC Children's Center doesn't get enough shine, it's really an incredible resource not only for local families but for students of many disciplines, but I digress.

I finished two AA degrees this past semester, one in Religious Studies, and the other in Humanities. At the end of Spring I'll have officially wrapped up my AA in Child Development, but I still have some GE classes to knock out in order to fulfill SSU's transfer requirements, as I plan to pursue from there a BA in Human Development with a minor in Multicultural Studies, and eventually an MA in Social Work. I'll meet those transfer requirements by the end of Fall 2017, by which time I'll also have wrapped up an AA in Philosophy, and an AA in Social and Behavioral Sciences.

One could kind of look at it like I am being awarded five degrees in 2017, maybe. Sorry if this all sounds braggy but I think I downplay my own successes enough on my own time that I don't need to feel guilty for acknowledging my own accomplishments when I'm really feeling proud of myself. I hope to feel shamelessly proud of myself more often in 2017, to be honest. Both academically and internally I have a lot of work to do this year, and I'm ready.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadis View Post
WWWP is pretty but should be cancelled (digital blackface)

#DEMODFROWNLAND
#TERMLIMITSFORMODERATORS
WWWP is offline   Reply With Quote