Music Banter - View Single Post - What Did President Trump Do Now?
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2017, 05:55 PM   #418 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyy View Post
you're entitled to think whatever you want, I just think it's silly to allow your opinion of someone to change based on politics. especially considering this is a music forum, not a forum based on US politics.

also I don't really sink to anyone's level, I like to follow US politics for the entertainment since Canadian politics are so cut and dry with every party being either very slightly to the left or very slightly to the right.

As far as the criticism of Goofle goes, this may seem simple-minded (I am Irish after all) but I feel that really, unless you're living in the US it's a bit odd to be making serious political comments. I mean, I would make the odd note, but if I don't live with what you Americans do on a daily basis, do I have the right to be preaching or at least commentating on American politics? It sort of just feels like shouting into the garden of a guy who lives ten doors down from you that you don't like his hedge or something. Maybe. I don't know. I just always feel awkward commenting on American politics since I'm not American. Maybe it's just me.

Mind you, I should clarify: I don't mean just because you're not American you can't comment, per se, but to kind of act like you know what it's all about just seems a little, I don't know, arrogant?