Music Banter - View Single Post - Are you fed up?
Thread: Are you fed up?
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2017, 08:39 AM   #18 (permalink)
Plankton
Just Keep Swimming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsfromVinylyMusic View Post
Thanks for the answers so far.
And @ Trollheart: I agree on your view partly. I as a listener do have difficulties to discover music through streaming etc. And the main reason is that the human aspect of recommendation is missing. But I guess that is not a big problem for listeners since they just need to dig a little deeper and find recommendations from friends, forums and blogs...
Your assumption that I have something to do yith a business in Vinyl is correct. And I am not trying to promote anything about it here (in case you wondered).

I think that the situation for smaller bands that are less known could be improved. (Their situation: Low or no income from recorded music, big financial hurdle to produce a physical record, hard to break through the noise since the market is flooded with all kinds of {good and bad} music ...)

When I thought about how to solve or improve that situation of the bands, I thought that in order to create something that really works, it has to be a win win situation for bands and listeners. I'd like to create something that listeners would love and that would really improve the listeners as well as the bands situation.

The idea that I had was to create a podcast where the band brings a selection of songs to be discovered though interview and playing the songs on the podcast. At the end of the podcast episode the listener would get the chance to decide whether or not they think this music should be released on vinyl by pre ordering a vinyl record with that set of songs. So this would be a crowdfunding campaign where the records would be produced as soon as the campaign goal is met.

So I did like this idea personally, but I just need to know if that would be something listeners and potential buyers would enjoy. In other words "Would it solve any problem". But it looks like listeners really don`t have any real problem nowadays.
I don't know about anyone else, but when I hear buzzwords like Podcast, and Crowdfunding in a music context, I move on. Personally, that seems like a lot of work to have to sit through a bunch of fluff to get to what may or may not be something I'd enjoy. I'm rather impatient in that sense though.