Music Banter - View Single Post - The Batlord's Anti-Poseur Thread of Metal for People Who Aren't Bitch Made Pussies
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2017, 09:39 AM   #30 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Exciter - Heavy Metal Maniac (1983)
Speed Metal

Oh my god this **** is so metal. Pretty sure I covered this in my last thread but **** it. I'm drunk and blasting ultra old school thrash and Exciter are so old school that calling them thrash isn't even quite appropriate, or at least not this album. But **** it. Close enough. Although if someone asked me to rec them one album that embodied speed metal without sounding like power metal, this would be it. It's fast as **** (for the time), doesn't much do tempo changes, and is less far along the hardcore punk inspiration chain that Slayer or Metallica.

There really isn't too much to this album. The songwriting is there in theory, but really the band just races itself to the finish on just about every track. I mean, I don't really care to be honest, cause if they tried harder for variation it would kill the idiot charm of this speed demon, beer chugging, road rash raw, simple minded beast of an album. I would honestly be both surprised and disappointed to learn that these troglodytes could read.

Now hoist your cheap booze in the air and repeat after me: "I'm a heavy... metal MANIAC!!!"

There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote