Music Banter - View Single Post - What Did President Trump Do Now?
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2017, 10:40 PM   #518 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
People being weary of drug gang members or islamic terrorists entering the country is not "anti-immigrant" nor "anti-islamic." But that is how they are portrayed by the left-wing media as "anti-immigrant" and "anti-islamic."

What Trump said on the campaign trail is nothing that hasn't been brought up before within Conservative talk shows dynamic about real issues, real events. There is a whole backstory to them. Trump blurts fragments of those issues and gets picked up by the media twisted. And maybe he can be faulted for not articulating his position more clearly. But I am certain the media will demonize him on soundbites anyway.

That goes both ways. If Trump said "beware of wolves in sheep's clothing" he would be accused of being "anti-sheep" by CNN.

Whoever tagged "milo <3" kudos to you for having a mind of your own, and for not being stuck in the far-left's "echo chamber."
Absolutely correct. The left don't seem to understand that despite the problems on the right, THEY are the ones who played into Trump's hands, fueled perceptions that got him elected, plus they won't take responsibility for the last eight years' underlying issues (the failure of the ACA, the fact most of the jobs Obama created are low end service jobs, the Obama administration's various foreign policy failures, etc.)

I'd like to hope that at some point the real liberals in the the U.S. will stand up and constructively try to better the country instead of writing stupid half-assed hit pieces in the Huffington Post that only contribute to the noise and uncertainty of the coming four years. We used to have media in the U.S. that provided balanced viewpoints and that analyzed events from multiple angles: now everything both online and offline is so blatantly biased / polarized and ratings hungry that you can't take any of it at face value.

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.

Last edited by Anteater; 01-06-2017 at 10:47 PM.