Music Banter - View Single Post - Tristan's Sob Story: A Journey Through Emo and Power Punk
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2017, 11:58 AM   #17 (permalink)
Tristan_Geoff
midnite roles around

Gotcha Briks.

Jimmy Eat World - Static Prevails (1996)
Niche: Emo, Pop Punk, Alternative Rock, Post-Hardcore

I've had high expectations for this album over the years, from the awesome cover and promise of a more crunchier, post-hardcore focused Jimmy Eat World. All elements I enjoy of their sound on later songs like Crush, Bleed American, and Futures. What I got delivered somewhat, but was far from the Jimmy Eat World I knew. Adkins voice is deeper, the guitars and instrumentals don't carry the typical JEW sound, and it all goes into the band coming off less focused than I've ever heard them. However, the strength of some of the songs certainly makes up for it. The twinkly yet hard when it needs to be sound of the band is traded off for more standard Get Up Kids-esque material that's certainly becoming of the times it was released in. It's definitely a good release aside from what I was expecting.

8/10

Spoiler for Choice Track:

Emo/Pop Punk Journal

Techno Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neward Thelman View Post
"SMOKE CRACK MUDA****KKA"

I'll check that dictionary, but in the meantime I'm impressed - as is everyone else in the world - by your eloquence, obvious accomplishments and success, and the evidence of your blazingly high intelligence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
He just doesn't have a mind so closed that it rivals Blockbuster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I own the mail
Tristan_Geoff is offline   Reply With Quote