Music Banter - View Single Post - Attention!
Thread: Attention!
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2006, 11:34 PM   #131 (permalink)
gregb
www.physicsforums.com

If this "crisis" is the front running problem then I think MB is doing pretty damn well

The lounge is ment to be essentially discussion for non music topics. Or muscial topics that don't fit any of the other forums. The possibilities are endless as it should be. The staff is not going to go crazy with censorship or moderation.

The description of useless threads is completely subjective. Obviously some members like them because they are posting in them. Whether they are new or old members is really irrelevant and descriminatory.

I am however interested and encouraged to see members promoting contructive discussion. I would like to see MB increase and mantain a high level of discussion.

Alot of this is just not in our hands. We can try and guide people to the right forum and encourage them to post contructive material, but we don't have mind control or control on who registers and posts.

Now, if there is a concensus that there has been an influx of unheathly game/spam threads in lounge then maybe we can devise a sub-forum for those kinds of topics. We can also disable post counts in the lounge.
gregb is offline   Reply With Quote