Music Banter - View Single Post - Hey cannuk...
Thread: Hey cannuk...
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2006, 02:59 AM   #20 (permalink)
adidasss
Slavic gay sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibber
no it's not the worst in the world, but we definitely need more funding, not less. With his system, he'll let the rich put in all the funding they want into THEIR health programs, which is great for them, but not so great fo everyone else, because their health care system will get f*ck-all for funding.

when you're hyperventilating in the emergency room waiting room from the pain you're in, and pass out twice, and all they can do for you is lie you on the floor and give you a paper bag, it's not good.

when you're extremely ill and so dehydrated that you're alertatively passing out and halucinating, and the doctors in the emergency room want only to SEND you home and tell you to drink lots of fluids, even though you can't even look at a glass of water without throwing up, and they refuse to admit you, it's not good.

when a nurse gives you a drug which is written specifically on your file that you're alergic to, its not good

when you start to have a severe alergic reaction to it, and she asks you if you want gold bond cream, its not a good sign

when you stop breathing and need a certain kind of nose drops to unblock you nasal passages, and your nurse is checking her e-mail instead of getting them for you, really not good.

When a doctor misdiagnoses your cousin's apendicitis and she almost dies as a result, it's not good

when you're friend is involved in a near fatal car accident, and the nurse pushes him to get out of bed and walk around before he's even had recontructive surgury, and he doesnt know any better because he's tripped out on way too much morphine (that the nurse administered), it's not good.

That's really nice that you don't give a sh*t about out health care system. Maybe you'll feel differently if its one of your loved ones that doesnt have the money to pay for decent care when they're in need.

As for the "no sympathy for the starving student" deal, it's not about students starving. Not once did I say that. I said that our universities are so crammed with students from lack of funding that they can't possibly accomidate everyone who should be given the cahnce for a good education. Kids with 89% averages have no chance in getting into the field they want to because their marks arent high enough. Do you have kids? if so, I hope for their sake they're not of the age to be applying to university. It was stressfull enough for me, I can't even imagine how bad it's going to get when harper starts cutting funding to pay for his bullsh*t military plan.
although i have no insight into the state of your health care or education system, i find it hard to believe that it's as bad as you make it out to be, from what i've heard , canada is a pretty wealthy country...you should come here....check out the hospitals and the colleges.....i think you'd feel a bit better about the situation in canada....

other than that, i think you made very good arguments, i actually read through the entire thread....
oh and:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jibber
that's a real convenient way to completely avoid my arguments, play the age card. Did you have any actual opinions on the suject? or are you just going to make snide remarks about the fact that I'm moving to new zealand for the summer and that I'm 19? great debating skills there. no wonder you're a fan of harper.

real great attitude towards politics you've got there. Don't listen to any of the younger voters if they're interested in their country's politics, it's not as if we'll be inheriting control of the country when you're a senior citizen completely dependent on the social security programs we decide to implement.

Last.fm
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote