Music Banter - View Single Post - Just The Greats
Thread: Just The Greats
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 09:33 PM   #29 (permalink)
masterstothemax
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Francis View Post
C'mon man you can like Nirvana without having to credit them for gansta rap that's just ridiculous. You're right about the impact they had on mainstream music but as I recall bands like Soundgarden and Pearl jam were also at the forefront of that grunge movement and during that time I've met a lot of ppl that liked grunge but didn't like Nirvana. Usually they preferred Soundgarden.

From the perspective of a Nirvana fan it makes sense they can see it unfolding that way cause that's actually how used to see it too but now I'm an old Nirvana fan that thinks they were an alternative to grunge within the grunge movement. Bleach was grunge AF but that wasn't the sound that eventually came to define them, that was the never mind and in utero sound.

I think Nirvana also rode that grunge boom. They weren't responsible for it they were just part of it.
Lmao at Nirvana having anything to do with gangster rap. Completely agree with you, I love Nirvana but they didn't create the grunge music or even their sound. They did it really well, but they didn't create it
masterstothemax is offline   Reply With Quote