Music Banter - View Single Post - What Did President Trump Do Now?
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 01:07 PM   #826 (permalink)
riseagainstrocks
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Dude, you're forgetting Morbid Saint (MORBID SAINT!!!), Insect Warfare, Exhumed, Wormrot, Candlemass (CANDLEMASS!!!), and Terrorizer (TERRORIZER!!!). God damn it, looking at MDF's setlist when I probably am not going is just depressing. I'm still hating myself for missing Carcass last year.
Exhumed is pretty cool and Insect Warfare bring back some vivid flashes of being stoned in college and thinking grindcore was just the best haha. I get that Candlemass are legends, but they've never really done it for me. That style of doom doesn't really speak to me in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
DC itself is incredibly segregated, with the poor working class population being driven more and more into the crime-ridden SE area. In general, though, the city is incredibly liberal. Something like 93% of us voted for Hillary.

For the inauguration, she is just worried about the pro-Trump people coming and the fact that they might not like that we are in an interracial relationship.

And yes, DC is quite segregated. It makes me sad and I get angry at myself for thinking bad thoughts about the 20 or so homeless people I walk by every day and ignore as they ask for money or cigarettes (seriously my brand is $8.70 a pack here - I'll visit my parents in Alexandria for home cooking a quick stop at the convenience store...). Your wife will probably be safe. The place will be police central - won't stop some yahoo from saying something offensive, but I have a feeling any ire in the audience will be directed at the people counter-protesting and anyone who looks "Muslim" rather than just foreign.