Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 03:48 PM   #9030 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
I got Journey for free thanks to PS plus, but I haven't played it yet. I have heard many good things, so I'll probably boot it up eventually.

I just started FFXV. Only a couple hours in (and as any FF player knows, this is still essentially the tutorial) and it's already far and away better than FFXIII. And I really liked FFXIII...it may have been one long pretty corridor, but so was FFX and everyone seemed to like that one. XIII had some great moments. Anyway, XV seems to have listened to the cry for a more open world, and so far it delivers. It seems like they've blended a lot of GTA elements with the classic FF formula, but it doesn't seem like a gimmick (so far). Can't wait to see what the game has in store.
Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure I have Journey because of Plus as well or I missed out on getting it before the month was out. One of those two things but I will double check my library and see. I need more hard drive space. It sucks having to delete stuff to make room to install a new game.

How do you feel about those little modern things in FFXV. I don't mind them but it certainly stands out and feels jarring. I'm sure I will get used to it the more I play but when one of the characters takes a cellphone call. I'm like wah? haha in my FF? it just feels strange. I have definitely gotten over having a car in the game. I played the demo so it wasn't as striking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Why does XII get so overlooked? Not a corridor, awesome leveling system that actually encouraged replay, a rich and gorgeous world that wasn't all flash with no substance, characters who weren't just anime stereotypes, and one of the better battle systems of the series.
Yeah I loved XII. I plowed through that game and finished it up in record time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justthefacts View Post
90% of the time, camera maneuvering works perfectly fine, particularly cinematic moments, also focusing in on Trico via L1. When it works, it's the best camerawork I've ever seen. It gets pretty awkward now and again, But it never takes me out of the experience. The game is fucking amazing, and I haven't even finished it yet. I never played Ico, or Shadow Of The colossus but never have I played anything like this.
You should go back and try out Ico and Shadow of Colossus some day. I much prefer Ico but it feels so great to get thrown into a game and not be hand held by a tutorial in the beginning and just figure things out as you go along.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote