Music Banter - View Single Post - Attention!
Thread: Attention!
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2006, 10:45 AM   #137 (permalink)
explosions-in-my-pants
angel of tragic days

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungalowbill357
As for the rest of what was posted today. I am not a "senior member", but I really enjoy hearing new bands. Being introduced to new music, is one of the greatest things that can happen to you. Avoid being genre biased, and you will find that a world of new music opens up. This "world" of music, however, is drowned out by ignorant posters (SabrinaMaher, Kashmir86, FfEeeEeeKk) and, by people who are constantly making dumb, pointless threads (madeinNY, hobojesus) Why are the threads about "what makes youo go mmmm", more popular than threads that discuss music intelligently? This is a music forum. Sure, talking about music can get redundant, and when it does, log off. Or, make a thread in the lounge...but, do all threads in the lounge have to be about "wet dreams, what makes you go mmm, rate the persons above you ???? "
and i almost thought i wouldn't post here at all. well see how many threads i started, and you tell me how many are music related and how many are in the lounge, because when you do, you will see that i've been here because of the music. I know i can be very igornate when it comes to type's of music, and i've admited to it. but at least when it comes to music threads i try, they may not be great but at least i'm trying. I've only started a few threads in the lounge and i'm not planning on always starting them in the lounge. I came here for the music, an have gotten into a few bands that i never new of before. as for the stupid lounge threads that are getting more attention then the actual music threads. its because people are bored, want something to do with little interesting music threads being made... but thats just what i think. I find enough interesting threads i don't need to post in a million differnt ones, that just gets annoying. but my point is if there is a 100% pointless thread being made then trash it, get it deleted. people will find them selves so bored in the lounge they'll either leave MB all together or they'll actually realize that this is in fact a music forum. but ya i came here for the music, but i make off topic post when something interesting me like one of my last ones that i made... tell your life story or something, very few people actually posted in it, but i made it so people can get to know each other so i didn't think the thread was half bad.

explosions-in-my-pants is offline   Reply With Quote