Music Banter - View Single Post - What TV shows are people watching?
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2017, 03:58 PM   #4893 (permalink)
FRED HALE SR.
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
I just finished the second season of Man in the High Castle. While randomly dropping in some crazy sci fi stuff I didn't see coming threw me off in the first season, it actually played to the second season's benefit. Little bits of info on where the tapes are coming from and the history of the world since WWII are revealed. There are some subtle touches I didn't notice before that I appreciate. Like the Olympic stadium being domed off and used as the Nazi capitol building - that's a cool touch. Hitler built that to be a huge statement on Nazi power, so it kind of made sense that they'd want to use it as their main government building once they took over the world.

Overall, still not on the level of something like GOT, but it's gotten a lot better since the last season.
I feel like the second season while being all over the place was still very entertaining and has me chomping at the bit for the 3rd installment. Not everyone can have the 25 million per episode that GOT has so i'm encouraged by what Amazon has done with all of their Exclusives.