Music Banter - View Single Post - The American Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2017, 10:01 PM   #2432 (permalink)
Electrophonic Tonic
Your Ad Here

Saturday

Falcons 34 Seahawks 23

This version of the Seahawks are just not the same on the road, especially without Earl Thomas. It took a sketchy no PI call for the Seahawks to beat the Falcons in Seattle, and that game was with Earl Thomas. The Falcons defense is competent, and the offense is nearly unstoppable at home.

Patriots 31 Texans 18

I wouldn't be shocked if the Texans went all out in the first quarter on both sides of the ball and actually had the lead at the end of the first quarter. Darth Belichick shrugs and the Pats put forth a B- effort and win comfortably. Texans get a backdoor cover (+15.5) on a garbage time TD.

Sunday

Packers 33 Cowboys 31

Last team to have the ball wins. Both defenses are not that good, and both offenses will have a field day. Aaron Rodgers does Aaron Rodgers ****, and that's the difference.

Steelers 22 Chiefs 21

I honestly think this game is better than Packers/Cowboys. This game has the makings of 1970's NFL Films classical orchestration highlights of players getting absolutely wrecked on every other play. It's about as even of a matchup you'll ever see. Roethlisberger has been quietly kinda bad the last few weeks, but Bell and Brown will easily compensate for that. I don't think there's anything wrong or a glaring weakness for the Chiefs, but the Steelers hold on, concluding what will be considered one of the best days of playoff football in NFL history.
Electrophonic Tonic is offline   Reply With Quote