Music Banter - View Single Post - 1001 Movies You Should See Before You Die
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2017, 01:47 PM   #14 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Nineteen Eighty-Four.

George Orwell's dark dystopian future fantasy brought to the big screen. Bitter, dour, savage and with no redemption at all for the main character, it sees Richard Burton give one of his finest performances, in what would be his last role before his death. Oh, and of course don't forget John Hurt.

The Matrix.

If I have to tell you why The Matrix is so good, kill yourself. Or watch the movie. But do one or the other.

Kind Hearts and Coronets.

Alec Guinness puts in an incredible performance as multiple characters in the funniest murder movie ever.

Toy Story.

The original animated movie, the first ever to be completely produced on computer. Often equalled, never bettered.

The Usual Suspects.

Think you know who Kaiser Soze is? Well, you probably do now, when everyone has been talking about it for years, but back then, what a shock!

Reach For the Sky.

The stirring and uplifting true story of RAF fighter ace Douglas Bader, who, though he lost his legs, went on to become one of the most decorated and revered fighter pilots of WW II. Tell me you don't cry at the Nipper scene, and I'll tell you you're a smegging liar.