Music Banter - View Single Post - Kiiii's Arcade
Thread: Kiiii's Arcade
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2017, 10:05 PM   #411 (permalink)
Key

Even if 2016 wasn't a super great year, it was still a great year in terms of gaming. It was pretty much the same with gaming as it was with music. Lots of great things came out and it was really hard to narrow down my favorites. Even now I don't think I'm happy with my top 10 games, but I digress. 2017 is looking like it may be a great year for gaming as well, so I'd like to talk about a few that I'm really looking forward to.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands
It's been quite a while since I've played any Ghost Recon game, and I hope 2017 will be the year that it finally comes back into the limelight. Seems that Ubisoft Paris is taking on the development, so we'll see what happens. I don't have high or low hopes for this, but I do hope it's good regardless.

South Park: The Fractured But Whole
I never actually played South Park: The Stick of Truth but I've heard really really good things about it. I may try to get both that and this game this year and finally give them a shot. I've never really been hugely into South Park, but that's not to say I've never enjoyed it. Seems like the kind of over the top game that could take a few hours of my time. Hopefully this does well.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
There's been some criticism coming out about this because people feel Nintendo have lost a lot of creativity so they're going for a "bigger world." But honestly, every Zelda fan has wanted this game for as long as I can remember. I really do hope this game does well, because it's going to meet the needs of so many fans. Myself included. The artwork looks very much the same like Wind Waker but updated, which is another personal favorite. I have high hopes for this but of course, I'm skeptical. Nintendo isn't really a company to let people down, so this one should do well.

Yooka-Laylee
I'm so excited for this and I hope anybody that was hugely into Banjo Kazooie is looking forward to this. This game looks promising and the people involved have promised that it's going to be a lot like what we want from a "new age Banjo Kazooie" game. I have very high hopes for this and I'm sure it will deliver.

Outlast 2
I ****ing loved the first Outlast, so the fact that a second one is coming out has my horror game panties all excited. I've seen some footage of the demo that was released, and it looks like they're really going all out with this. I hope it delivers. Outlast on its own is still a fantastic horror survival game and I'd say that everyone that loves horror games should play it. Really looking forward to this.

That's really about it right now. But as we've learned from years past, there will always be surprises. It looks like 2017 will already be a great year for games, but we'll see what happens as the year progresses. I'll be posting in this journal regularly along the way as well. I hope everyone else is as excited for this year in gaming as I am. It's going to be a good one.