Music Banter - View Single Post - 1001 Movies You Should See Before You Die
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2017, 11:19 PM   #22 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Dazed and Confused (1993) It's a day in a life like American Graffiti or Super Bad. An ensemble cast of 70s teenagers doing whatever they have to do on the last day of school. Pink is pressed by the HS football team coach to sign a paper. David Wooderson gives him advice and tells him "Man, it's the same bull**** they tried to pull in my day. If it ain't that piece of paper, there's some other choice they're gonna try and make for you. You gotta do what Randall Pink Floyd wants to do man. Let me tell you this, the older you do get the more rules they're gonna try to get you to follow. You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N." There's also cricket bats, baseball, hazzing, bell bottom jeans, a Puka shell necklace, muscle cars and all that other good 70s stuff and a killer sound track on top of that. Oh not to forget a keg party in the park, with banter like "George Washington was in a cult, and the cult was into aliens, man."

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards

Last edited by Neapolitan; 01-14-2017 at 11:26 PM.
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote