Music Banter - View Single Post - 1001 Movies You Should See Before You Die
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2017, 05:41 AM   #24 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiiii View Post
I didn't see anything about that in the OP, but fair enough.
There wasn't; I just assumed that like with the Metal thread people would do that. As I say, not necessary but it does help for those who have not seen the movie(s).

On we go:

2001: A Space Odyssey

Forget Star Wars: this is the real sci-fi movie. If you come out of it knowing what's going on you're a better man than I, which would not be hard. Classic (literally) soundtrack by Strauss(es).

Monty Python's Life of Brian

"He's not the Messiah! He's a very naughty boy!" Luckless Graham Chapman gets mistaken for Christ by a group of people who really should know better. Totally hilarious.

Casablanca.

You can keep your Treasures of the Sierra Madres and your Maltese Falcons, this is the Bogey movie to end all Bogey movies. More quotable than a good episode of Fawlty Towers, with an engaging storyline and fantastic performances all round. There's a reason why it's a classic.

Born on the Fourth of July.

When Tom Cruise could actually act. An incredible "film of two halves", based on the true story of Ron Kovich, who fought in the Vietnam War, and later became one of its most vocal opponents. Superb.