Music Banter - View Single Post - Kiiii's Music Hall
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2017, 08:49 AM   #271 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiiii View Post
This is my journal. I wasnt expecting to have an actual discussion. I don't really know what else I should say. My mentions in this journal should suffice.
That's weird, because that's what I always hope for in all my journals. Doesn't happen as much as I'd like, but I love to discuss/argue with someone about how they hate my music and I like to defend it when I can. Occasionally, someone will actually like something I review, but whether those incidents happen in the real world or are dreams I can't really remember.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
The production is dull and lifeless and the vocals are mixed so high you can barely even hear it.
I'd support this, admittedly knowing nothing about this sort of music, but as you know I listened to it in an attempt to defend Ki, and had to agree it was awful. Boring is definitely a word I would use.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
I quoted most of them and you didn't answer my question in any of them except for your initial review, which could use elaboration.. Do you have any other specific reviews? Or you could tell me what you like about it because I'm genuinely curious about your thought process and that's how adults discuss things instead of dodging every and any question? I understand that you like it, but what about it exactly do you like?
Watch out, Ki: he's trying to turn you into another Trollheart, and we do NOT want that!!!

Seriously though, I know I go on for way too long about my music, but I enjoy writing about it and often wonder why, when an album hits you so hard, you don't go into a little more detail than "I like it". Still, it's your journal so you do as you want. It is hard, however, to defend your music when there's no written evidence of why you think it's so great.