Music Banter - View Single Post - Kiiii's Music Hall
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2017, 11:47 AM   #274 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiiii View Post
Typically what I've always assumed with journals is that if it's been thrown into a journal, it's evident by that alone that the person writing about it likes the music or wants to talk about it in some way or another. Or I want to talk about it upon first listen. I don't really see a reason to justify putting it in my journal when the journal itself is a place for music that I either really like, or heavily dislike. I've gone in depth already to answer the question as to why I like Travis Scott. I was under the assumption that the constant discussion about him in this journal and my hip hop journal would have been enough to give off the impression that I'm a fan. I don't see anybody else getting criticized in their journals about their tastes. If this were a Travis Scott specific thread, I'd lean more towards your reasoning.
If you want a journal with no interaction with your readers then don't be surprised if people stop reading. But if you welcome discussion then also don't be surprised if someone ****s on you.

Quote:
Once again, I go back to the point that my music journal or w/e is a place where I will put albums I really like, or talk about an artist I really like, in a more formal setting as opposed to making a thread about that artist. That should suffice, but apparently I've been under false assumptions. I'm not going to change the way I format my journal. So if people want to rail me on that, so be it. I don't have to justify why I listen to what I listen to when it being in my journal should be enough to justify it.

And no written evidence? I've talked about Travis Scott more than any other artist in any journal as far as I can tell. My album of the year lists etc should give off the impression of my feeling toward his music alone.

I'm not going to write an entire essay as to why I like the music. That to me is 1) a waste of time and 2) completely and utterly ridiculous. You do that because it fits your setting, but everyone isn't meant to mimic your standard for a journal.
Let me put it another way. Saying how much you like music rather than actually talking about music is not interesting. It's two-dimensional, lazy, and boring. You claim to be a writer? Then write. Show some personality.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote