Music Banter - View Single Post - Kiiii's Arcade
Thread: Kiiii's Arcade
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2017, 11:01 AM   #414 (permalink)
Key

Danny Baranowsky

You've probably seen on my last.fm that I have an artist known as Danny Baranowsky. Well, now you finally get to know who this is if you didn't know already.

Basically, this one man is behind the beautiful creations of video game music for several of the most fun games you'll ever play. And I had no idea which journal to put this in, but seeing as it is video game music, I'll throw it here.

So starting off with one of the best things he's ever done:

Crypt of the Necrodancer OST

Crypt of the Necrodancer is a rhythm based roguelike dungeon crawler. And for this style of game, the soundtrack is absolutely essential and has to be perfect. The soundtrack alone is what prompted me to buy the game, and let me tell you...the game is not only fun, but it's got a difficulty curve that makes me go back for more.

Standout track: Disco Descent

The Binding of Isaac OST

Of course, who can forget the original soundtrack behind the original Binding of Isaac. If you've never played the flash version of the game, I certainly think it's worth your time. It is once again a roguelike dungeon crawler but it is the spawn of what may be one of the best gaming series ever made. And with Danny Baranowsky as the composer for the music, it just makes it that much sweeter. I was disappointed when he wasn't part of the newer games, but I guess both him and Edmund had a disagreement. Shame.

Standout track: Atonement

Rocky OST

There's apparently a Rocky iPhone game and of course, who could expect anybody else to be behind the soundtrack other than Danny Baranowsky. I've never played the game, but listening to the soundtrack, I bet the game is a bunch of fun. Certainly worth checking out I think.

Super Meat Boy OST

Yeah I know, just hearing the name mentioned brings a shiver down your spine. If you aren't aware, Danny Baranowsky composed the soundtrack for possibly one of the most difficult platforming games ever made. Seriously, this game is hard as ****. Anyone that has played it knows that as fact. But what they also should know is that the soundtrack really gets your blood flowing allowing for an experience that hasn't been mimicked for quite some time. Certainly one of the top things Danny has ever done.

Standout track: Betus Blues

Check out his music here: https://dbsoundworks.bandcamp.com/