Music Banter - View Single Post - for gods sake, turn that crap off
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2006, 02:32 PM   #23 (permalink)
PerFeCTioNThrUSileNCe
Bright F*cking Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidelityfiend
I have to agree with Alejo - pretty much all radio sucks. It's gotten to the point where the programming isn't what people want to hear, it's what the corporations want you to hear. The sad part is that you're all buying into it lock, stock, and barrel. I couldn't sing you one verse or even one line of any of the songs you listed because...... I don't listen to commercial radio. Most of the music I like and musicians I respect either don't get any airplay or I simply can't stand to sit through umpteen commercials selling cars, mortgages, nightclubs etc etc. If you want some variety on your radio either get a satellite service or listen to a non-commercial community supported radio station in your area. You probably won't like everything they play but you won't have to listen to commercials and you will definitely hear some music and viewpoints you've never heard before.
My $0.02.
thats the way it is. the radio stations play what the industry pumps out by the gallon. there are only about 3 or 4 radio stations in my area that actually play stuff that i want to listen to, and the rest are trash.

sometimes internet radio stations are the best. a few of them are commercial free, and the ones that arent have fewer commercials than any radio station around here.

launch, yahoo's music site, is my favorite place. they have music videos and radio and everything. they do have ads, but they are a maximum of 15 seconds, so you arent going to sit there waiting for music for half an hour.

out of all of the radio stations that i listen to, only one of them is run locally and they still have advertisements.

what are some of the better/lower priced sattelite radio providers around?
My ego's like my stomach- it keeps shitting what I feed it.
But maybe I don't want to finish anything anymore..
maybe I can wait in bed 'til she comes home. and whispers....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Star
Remember kids: It's only real metal if the vocalist sounds like he's vomiting up a fetus. \m/
PerFeCTioNThrUSileNCe is offline   Reply With Quote