Music Banter - View Single Post - The Elusive World of Post Modern Rock
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2017, 08:30 PM   #28 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Middle Class - Homeland

band:Middle Class

album title: Homeland

year of release: 1982

band members:
Jeff Atta - vocals, synthesizers
Mike Atta - guitar
Mike Patton- bass
Bruce Atta - drums

tracklist:
00:00 The Call
04:09 A Skeleton At The Feast
08:23 Out Of My Hands
11:59 Listen
15:04 Shaken
17:55 Mosque
20:39 Restless Young Men
23:24 Ritual And Deceit
26:52 Everything

I was stoked when I first found this album on YouTube. Going from one track to the next I knew I found a hidden gem. The album is impressive as it is relentless. By maintaining energy and a sense of urgency throughout I'm sure it keeps you invested from beginning to end. The music epitomizes all that's best of Post-Punk. If colored glass could be bits of sound then it's a mosaic that would made of pieces from Joy Division, Gang of Four, Modern English, REM, and even Sonic Youth (or vice a versa). However as for the last two bands, I am not too certain who influenced, because they were Middle Class contemporaries. It would be interesting though to know if there were any bands that looked to them as an influence. I suspect they could be had been an influence to Post-Punk revival bands. Because Middle Class approach seems to be that more of a band from 2010s. Maybe their music is just timeless.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote