Music Banter - View Single Post - The Batlord's Kitchen Sink Journal of Anything and Everything He Wants to Write About
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2017, 04:10 PM   #115 (permalink)
innerspaceboy
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Holy ****, you like Heartwork! I love that goddamn album to the nines! I haven't listened to that much Extreme Noise Terror but am a fan of many of their early grindcore contemporaries. A very surprising intersection of interests.
You will totally love my tale of why I dig them

I think it was the third or fourth asylum I was dropped off at (most of the 90s are a blur of hospital food and patients stealing my underwear). As usual, during admission all of my CDs, cassettes, art, literature, (and I suppose VHS tapes were I to have any in tow), were seized and reviewed to determine whether or not they were permissible within the rubber-walled unit. I remember Bush's Sixteen Stone CD being confiscated because the words, "Kill a man... I kill a girl" appeared among Gavin's nonsensically random lyrics in the booklet.

So, being locked away for years without music, I eventually worked my way up to the behavior level where I was permitted to use a boom box, (with C-batteries - cords are dangerous). I perused the hospital CD shelf curious to see what sanctioned music I might enjoy. That's when I spotted it.

It must have been snuck onto the shelf by a former patient, or perhaps by the bullet-headed Primus loving counselor who did donuts on the lawn in his jeep. But there it was - Carcass' Heartwork on the hospital CD shelf.

Holy sh*t it was amazing. I made sure to sneak it home when I was released years later, and still have it as a memento of the discovery.

Good times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You are to all of us what Betelgeuse is to the sun in terms of musical diversity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo_ View Post
You sir are a true character. I love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You, sir, are a nerd's nerd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
Just chiming in to declare that your posts are a source of life and wholesomeness
The Innerspace Connection | Essential Recordings | Top Archives | Hot 100 Albums | Top 550 Artists
innerspaceboy is offline   Reply With Quote