Music Banter - View Single Post - What Did President Trump Do Now?
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2017, 05:10 PM   #1205 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
I have mixed feelings about it to be honest. The people that engage in certain protests will be riled up and angry in the moment but over the next few days. They will just go back to their day to day lives and not move on with that energy to work towards solutions and that pisses me off so much. I can't work with those type of people. If you are going to be passionate and angry enough to protest and march. Follow it up and work with different groups to actually accomplish something concrete. It ends up just being an empty gesture at the end of the day.
I feel you, but I'm not even talking about that. Think about political, violent revolutionaries like Mao's army in China during the war with Chiang Kai Shek, or any number of grassroots paramilitary revolutions throughout history. I'm sure there were plenty of poor farmers who were hungry and angry who joined those armies, but I imagine the very first people to decide they wanted to enact violent change were probably people who would have been likely to want to rail against any establishment of any kind that was in power, simply because that was the psychology of those revolutionaries.

To bring that back to your thing, the people who started whatever it is you're doing might be right, but would they have been content to just sit around and be regular members of society if what they're now protesting against wasn't there? Or would they have found some other reason to be angry? Those kinds of people are the most likely to enact change, partly because they might have a point, but also because those people are simply looking for a fight of any sort.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.