Music Banter - View Single Post - Hello! Complete beginner working at a retailer.
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2017, 11:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
aimlesslywandering
Groupie

Default Hello! Complete beginner working at a retailer.

Hi there MusicBanter community! I'm a 22 year old male. I'm a California native who moved to Utah when I was 9. I recently started working at a major retailer and something clicked in me, maybe. I think I want to make music. Trouble is I have no knowledge and no idea where to start. When I imagine a future career I don't really think of performing, but something behind that like writing or session work.

Anyway, I've tried a lot of different genres and I've mostly stayed within a pop sensibility. I grew up on classic rock and metal, have a liking for some of the stuff from the 00's and always looking for the best in modern hits. There's a few outliers like Iced Earth and KMFDM, but beyond that I'm pretty vanilla.

I hope I can learn a lot here and use that to do my job better. Whenever a customer has a technical question I'm usually lost. And if I can find out what to do and where to go to get into music as a business, I'm all ears.
aimlesslywandering is offline   Reply With Quote