Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2017, 02:09 PM   #3225 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Afterword: After the gentle folk sensibilities of the debut and the rather raucous rock of the follow-up album, Supertramp appear to be settling here into something of a groove between progressive rock and a sort of soft pop/rock sound, something that would serve them well down the years. A word on the album sleeve: it's got a lot of stick in some quarters, and initially yes it does look like a literal representation of the album – someone locked away in space for the crime of the century, whatever that crime may be – but I prefer to look at it a different way. To me, this is the human spirit, struggling to be free, trying to break the bonds of responsibilities and duties, trying to find its way in the world, pushing against convention and what's expected of it, yet unable to break out of the cell because, in the end, we are all responsible for our own actions, as Supertramp remind us in the title track: no point blaming others – we're all to blame for the evils of the world, and we all must shoulder at least part of the responsibility.
Lol you try WAY too hard to justify whatever for the sake of justifying artsy bull**** that probably just exists in your mind. Reminds me of the time you tried to say "Angel of Death" by Slayer was some protest song against the Holocaust instead of an exploitation song about Nazis cause Nazis are metal and ****.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote