Music Banter - View Single Post - The Spam Thread: Channel Your Need to Spam Here Only
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2017, 05:13 PM   #11175 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

I understand the low ratings on RYM, but I'd rather listen to a Christian album for messages besides quality. However, I will judge the album on both.

Track-By-Track: The album has a pretty cool start with "Afterlife," and "The Original." The latter track caries a fantastic message about you beiing you and not letting your soul become the devil's. "The War Inside" is a cooler track with a great message of fighting fleshly desires. The track has a cool rhythm and good production, but the same-pitched vocals that nearly sound paired with Auto-Tune may not impress some. "Restless" is a decent track talking about searching for the Lord. "Blinding Light" has a message of hope in Jesus our Savior. The rhythm's pretty good, and higher-pitched. "Selling the News" is all about disbelieving the lies of the world. It's rhythm tries to go a little bit more electric and the vocals are an attempt at rock. I enjoyed the track. "Thrive" is a humble track acknowledging man's weaknesses and thriving through the Lord's Holy Spirit. So the album stays at a level of mildly enjoyable tracks until the heavier track called "Dark Horses" comes, which relies on ecstatic yet noisy guitars. The track is about people who didn't choose their situation, but are rising above it. Cool message. The next song is "Souvenirs" which takes you back to your childhood days through nostalgic lyrics. The messages stay great throughout the whole album.

Overall, the album's musicianship is good, but the messages stay great. I recommend this album for anyone who's Christian or wants to teach their children great messages. 74 for quality. 100 for messages.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote