Music Banter - View Single Post - Hey cannuk...
Thread: Hey cannuk...
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2006, 10:08 PM   #25 (permalink)
jibber
Freeskier

Location: Istanbul was Constantinople now it's Istanbul not Constantinople...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MURDER JUNKIE
I can only speak about where I am from and Harper's leadership will benefit MY city and MY province. I do not pretend to know what is best for Alberta as I have never been there and have no intention of going, my province relies on industrial business in order to prosper. Harper will be the one to solidify our relations with our US nieghbors and will interact well with both President Bush and Tony Blair.

The healthcare system I do not believe will suffer as badly as you think, we are a long way away from a US style system.

As for student issues these rate very low in my personal politics as I am professionally established, I hope this clears up the way I think for you. These are the items that I weighed up when I checked my ballot, I am sure you had your reasons for yours as well.
I guess that's it then, we just have COMPLETELY different views on what's important and what's not. Looking on the bright side, hopefully harper will live up to the conservative reputation, and do good for the country financially. Since it is a minority government, i'm hoping the liberals and ndp's can keep him in check and prevent him from doing too much damage (well, what I'd consider damage) to our healthcare, education, social programs and environmental programs. Maybe after a few years, the liberals will get their act together, and reform as a party with someone who can be a good leader, because I do agree with you that martin was by no means a good alternative to harper.
What you've done becomes the judge of what you're going to do -- especially in other people's minds. When you're traveling, you are what you are right there and then. People don't have your past to hold against you. No yesterdays on the road.
William Least Heat Moon, Blue Highways

Your toughest competitor lives in your head. Some days his name is fear, or pain, or gravity. Stomp his ass.

HOOKED ON THE WHITE POWDER
jibber is offline   Reply With Quote