Music Banter - View Single Post - What Did President Trump Do Now?
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2017, 02:00 PM   #1302 (permalink)
Chula Vista
Toasted Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post

Like this. This is a bunch of bull****. Obama should have came out as being really really supportive of the pipeline, then Trump would have done the knee jerk response of closing them down.
It's like everything the GOP has wanted the last 8 years and couldn't get he's just handing it over to them without really any hard fast studying of the issues . I mean look at all's he signed just in 1 freaking week? Beyond ridiculous.

The push back on repealing the ACA is already starting to swell and it's pretty bipartisan.

On another note was just thinking of something: Both Linda and I have lots of family and friends back east, most of whom voted for Trump. They are constantly chattering about how they can't wait for the wall! I asked one of them recently how he felt about the fact that Trump had reneged on the whole Mexico's gonna pay for it, 100%, and that now his taxpayer dollars were funding it.

His reply? I'd gladly pay for 2 walls to keep me and my family safe! Now I'm sitting here thinking, I spent the last 20 years living less than 3 miles from the border and have never once been afraid. This dude lives over 3,000 miles away and he paranoid as hell and scared.

Can you say: Successful Fear Mongering 101?

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”