Music Banter - View Single Post - What Did President Trump Do Now?
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2017, 02:15 PM   #1305 (permalink)
Chula Vista
Toasted Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'm going to ask a stupid question now (oh how surprising I hear you all say) but it's something I don't know as I wasn't there, and you may, as you were there. Well, some of you. Anyway...

With all these protests of "not my president", were there not any when Obama was elected? I mean, surely if there could be one event certain to polarise American opinion it would be a black man being elected their commander-in-chief? But did these protests take place? And if not, why all the savage sentiment about Trump? I get people hate him and fear him, and why they would protest, but honestly, if the whites (let's say radical whites) didn't do this over Obama, is it a bit OTT to be doing it over Trump? Sure, you don't agree with his policies and think he will lead America to disaster, but hasn't everyone on the other side thought that if their candidate didn't win?

Go gentle on me: like I say, I'm not American and don't understand these things. We don't got the depth of feeling about politics that you guys have.
Just google "Obama Protests after Election" and then click on images. It beyond brutal. Trump's getting a love tap by comparison.

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”