Music Banter - View Single Post - Home-schooling
Thread: Home-schooling
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2017, 09:57 AM   #48 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPOCH6 View Post
All of this surprises me, I always thought that private school kids would still find easy ways to party.

But most of us, I think, graduated from highschool before 2010/2011, which is around the same time that the mobile data/public WiFi era truly began if I remember right. It has to be different now, no parent can effectively isolate their kid from youth culture (all modern culture really) as long as the kid has internet access, and they WILL have an internet connection if they have a phone. And if kids can talk to each other and coordinate behind the closed doors of their phones, they have to be getting into some ****.
It's kind of hard to party when you aren't allowed to go into anyone else's room, they make you go to bed at 10pm, they patrol the dorm regularly, the dorm is a very small square area, and that dorm is right next to an administration office. And also because it was very hard to smuggle anything but cigarettes into the school.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote