Music Banter - View Single Post - What Did President Trump Do Now?
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2017, 12:52 PM   #1436 (permalink)
Chula Vista
Toasted Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Depends on where it is. In some rural locations it could be the only place to get a cake for miles. Framing it as an attack on their religious freedoms is some of the most bizarre lines of thinking that I've ever heard.
Quote:
Ja. I can't get behind creating second class citizens because of people's ass-backwards beliefs.
Quote:
I don't have faith in that assumption. If you're homophobic, you probably live in a place where that idea isn't challenged that often.
Quote:
It'll either be a priority shift or the death of the GOP.
Quote:
You genuinely don't see any similarity between not serving homosexuals and not serving another race?
Quote:
Do you remember the Chik Fil A incident? Where their business boomed following homophobic statements? Your faith in these businesses failing is too optimistic. That's also not to mention that homophobic attitudes are more rampant in places where that kind of attitude is considered acceptable, so they have lots of allies to keep their business afloat. Giving people the opportunity to strip other citizens of rights and privileges because of things that are out of their control is never acceptable. I think they should lose their business license if they refuse service in that manner.
Wanna go out sometime and have a cup of coffee?

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”