Music Banter - View Single Post - Sounds from Innerspace
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2017, 03:56 PM   #511 (permalink)
innerspaceboy
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzy Creamcheese View Post
You're welcome.

So, you've played a few Genesis games? Are there any you still play now and then?
I do, indeed. (Rocket Knight Adventures was a lot of fun.) There's was a nice package circulating the web back in 2013 called the 6666-in-1 RETRO_LEGENDS ROM Pack, which comprises over 6,000 North American and Japanese titles for the NES, SNES, NeoGeo, GBA, Sega Genesis, Master System, Atari, N64, TurboGrafX, and the ZX Spectrum, as well as 534 popular arcade titles for MAME. I imagine there are larger libraries which incorporate later system today.

I picked up several retro USB game controllers and enjoy kicking back on a Saturday for some head-to-head Marvel vs Capcom or Mario Kart against my wife.

Retroarch supports an insane number of system cores and lets you navigate and load any title via its corresponding core from any device - desktop, Android phone, whatever. The one feature I haven't explored yet is NetPlay so that I can kick the a**es of my friends overseas as well.

The other retro pleasure I partake in is a server I dubbed RetroBox which I loaded with 100 complete tv series archives of my favorite 80s and 90s cartoons and live action shows, including a few I never got around to as a kid, like Batman: The Animated Series. I'm thinking about downloading a few 8-hour commercial archives from the same decades and configuring the server to play through the episode library at random with commercials inserted every 15 minutes or so. The plan would be to port the server's video output to a woody Zenith CRT telvision (you know, with honkin' UHF and VHF knobs), stick it on a 1980s microwave cart and wheel it into the bedroom for Saturday morning cartoons. (Cap'n Crunch sold seperately.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You are to all of us what Betelgeuse is to the sun in terms of musical diversity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo_ View Post
You sir are a true character. I love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You, sir, are a nerd's nerd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
Just chiming in to declare that your posts are a source of life and wholesomeness
The Innerspace Connection | Essential Recordings | Top Archives | Hot 100 Albums | Top 550 Artists
innerspaceboy is offline   Reply With Quote