Music Banter - View Single Post - What Did President Trump Do Now?
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2017, 05:00 AM   #1505 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
That being said, we actually have 700ish miles of fence/wall down there already. More might be helpful.
I feel like I've posted this before but people that actually live in border towns don't think it might be more helpful. Cameras and having light near certain areas are what's helpful.

Quote:
And the wall? The union made no mention of it in their endorsement announcement, but Border Patrol agents along the Rio Grande Valley largely view it as waste of time and money that wouldn’t actually solve any of their security problems. Bush’s Secure Fence Act of 2006, which resulted in a fence along about a third of the U.S. and Mexico border, didn’t really go so well, after all. Construction on that project stopped after it proved to be more costly, challenging, and ineffective than anticipated. “We put up that 18-foot wall [in the 2000s], the next day they had 19-foot ladders. It’s not going to stop them, but it’ll slow them down,” Cabrera said.

Rather than a wall, agents are calling for better infrastructure, improved technology, and the recruitment of more agents. With 51 percent of U.S. border city residents voting “no” and 44 percent voting “yes” as to whether more agents are needed, residents and Border Patrol agents may not necessarily see eye-to-eye on everything the border needs. But at the very least, they both know a wall isn’t the solution Trump thinks it is.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.