Music Banter - View Single Post - Where to start with home recording? (Software, equipment. etc.)
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2017, 05:28 AM   #8 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

I used to have a Yamaha keyboard that I could play - badly - but it got destroyed so now I'm thinking of getting this
Casio CTK-6200 Portable Keyboard

I know, I know! Casio, right? But so few of the synths in my price range have a sequencer, never mind a 16-track one, and I've read good reviews. Anyway, I'm open to advice on whether or not I should get this, and also on what audio software I should be looking at, preferably cheap or free, as I won't have a whole lot of cash to spread around after buying the keyboard. Note that I would not subject anyone to my voice, so no mike needed, and there will be no other instruments, just the synth. Also, I will just be messing with ambient/experimental instrumental stuff, so I'm not totally serious about making music, as I know I'm not good enough, but I'd like to see what I can do with a relatively minimal (and inexpensive) set up, so any advice from you musos (other than "don't bother Trollheart you're crap!") will be very welcome.

Thanks guys.