Music Banter - View Single Post - What Did President Trump Do Now?
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2017, 08:22 AM   #1603 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
For me, Trump just gets creepier by the minute. With US citizens protesting at airports, US judges ordering stops on Presidential exec orders, and people with US visas being detained, it looks like a shambles that is both hurting and infuriating a lot of innocent people. How can Trump say, "it's working out very nicely"? The same way he said that it stopped raining when his speech began, I suppose; he's prepared to lie even in the face of irrefutable evidence to the contrary.

At least in the past, politicians used to be more discreet about their deceptions, crediting us some level of critical intelligence. But Trump shows an arrogance, a contempt for the American people - that they can be told anything, and will have to live with it. That's creepy.
I know you should support your president and all, if only to keep America from totally going down the ****ter, but if this is the start of a straight up peaceful civil war then I'm down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
No, and you can have The Batlord too.
You can have deez nuts.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.