Music Banter - View Single Post - What Did President Trump Do Now?
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2017, 10:00 AM   #1609 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
Hi Anteater! Good to see you posting again after a long absence!

Yes, hidden deceptions are very worrying, of course, but they do indicate that politicians feel there's some accountability to the public. There's a limit to what they can get away with, hence the need to hide things.

Some of Trump's announcements remind me of things from Soviet era totalitarianism - that there is no need for the official version to reflect the facts, that factual debate is irrelevant.
Good to see you too! Hope you've been well.

Trump is a typical populist strongman, for better or for worse depending on a multitude of POVs. He acts the way he does because he has no political experience though, as opposed to having an agenda based on hatred. He's going to be an interesting case study four years from now, especially if he decides not to run for re-election.

On another note, seeing CNN and similar news outlets post an upside down statue of liberty was pretty over the top, so I thought I'd share this for something resembling a more balanced perspective on what's happening.

The National Review - Donald Trump's "Muslim Ban" - Seperating Fact From Hysteria

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.