Music Banter - View Single Post - What TV shows are people watching?
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2017, 01:45 PM   #4928 (permalink)
Chiomara
mayor of spookytown

Rewatching Broadchurch for the third time. I insist that all of you watch it immediately. It's a bit grim and emotionally gutting, but it's fantastic and Tennant is grumpy and endearing.

I'm considering starting River, Freaks & Geeks, and Luther.

Tried to get into Penny Dreadful (and I normally cannot resist anything with a gothic theme involving demons) but I couldn't for some reason. Josh Hartnett irritates me. I'm going to try again, though because Eva Green is my pretend wife.

Last night I watched the pilot of that new CW show Riverdale-- it's supposed to be loosely based on the Archie comics but .. a murder mystery? With a sort of dark & moody aesthetic? Which naturally sounded like a trainwreck so I had to watch it. It was pretty bad, but still entertaining. You can see the Twin Peaks inspiration slightly (and Mädchen Amick is in it!! My very own heart) but sadly it's nothing like Twin Peaks. I think the new season of Twin Peaks finnaaallllyyyy comes out this year though.

Uh, let's see.. Oh and I need to continue watching El Internado Laguna Negra (about a spooky boarding school in the middle of a forest which is like all my interests rolled into one) which I barely started but it seemed campy and fun.

Netflix needs to add some older TV series, though, like The Ghost & Mrs Muir and Dark Shadows (I think they used to have the latter, but removed it)
Chiomara is offline   Reply With Quote