Music Banter - View Single Post - I know what I like: Trollheart's History of Progressive Rock and Progressive Metal
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2017, 06:03 PM   #146 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
The band was almost invited to play at Woodstock. When Michael Lang was negotiating with Bill Graham to get the Grateful Dead to appear, Graham insisted Lang put one of two acts that he managed on the bill. Lang then listened to a tape of both It's a Beautiful Day and the other band and liked them so much that he couldn't decide so he flipped a coin and It's a Beautiful Day lost. The band that won was Santana, who became stars overnight.
I'm not a fan of It's a Beautiful Day but found that interesting. Journey might not had happen if that coin went the other way.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards

Last edited by Neapolitan; 01-30-2017 at 12:42 PM.
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote