Music Banter - View Single Post - Kiiii's Arcade
Thread: Kiiii's Arcade
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2017, 11:30 AM   #421 (permalink)
Key

Redout

In an era of gaming where fast paced blood pulsing racing games have taken a bit of a backseat, Redout is the "man in shining armor" to bring back the concept full force. Along the lines of F-Zero, Wipeout 64, and others, Redout brings a fast paced blood pulsing experience that is cleverly mixed together with a heart racing soundtrack to keep you wanting more. While other games in this genre are somewhat easy to get a hang of if you play it long enough, Redout seems to be rather unforgiving in that regard.

I remember seeing one of my favorite Youtubers talk about this game, and I was instantly hooked just by the sheer amount of polish the game seemed to have upon its release, and boy...the polish surely translates to your own experience. I picked up the game for about 40$ if I remember, so don't think you're going to only shell out like 10 bucks. The price tag is probably the only part that may keep people from getting it. But, for 40$, you get not only a rehash of a golden gaming genre that took a pause, but you also get a fantastically made career mode that get tougher as you go on.

As of right now, I've put about 7 hours into the game, and that's just with the career mode alone. I've nearly already made my moneys worth since I consider at least 10 hours to be worth it for the price tag, though I know cheaper games allow for more play time. But seeing as this is just a concept being put into play, it's not entirely surprising to expect no more than 20 or 30 hours from this game. Which honestly, that's more than enough for me.

One of the main draws of the game, at least for me would have to be the potential for online multiplayer. I've done a few matches and I've been successful in finding a match, but it's very few when you get into a match. Which is rather unfortunate because I feel this game could do really well just with its multiplayer alone. Unfortunately that's the curse of releasing a game that didn't get a lot of drive from the get go. Hopefully at some point it picks up.

And although the online play can be a bit hectic sometimes, everything else about the game is perfect. I play the game in 1920x1080 resolution and I have my PC setup with a surround sound logitech speaker system with a subwoofer, and by god it sounds amazing. If you have all the right specs, you really start to feel like you're actually in the game. Did I mention there is a VR mode? Yes. There is a VR mode. And from what I've heard, it's really good.

If you're looking for that game to take the place of your urge to race at fast pacing heart pounding speeds, Redout is the game for you. I'd strongly recommend checking it out.