Music Banter - View Single Post - What Did President Trump Do Now?
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2017, 09:22 AM   #1759 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
And I fundamentally disagree with you on Islam. That's just straight up ignorant. I'm not even going to bother expanding on that because if you've been able to block out all evidence to the contrary up to now, nothing I say will change your mind. Historically, Christianity is just as violent (if not moreso). If you are going to say that about Islam, you may as well say it about ALL religions.
Nope. The fundamental culture surrounding Islam has not evolved an iota in centuries, whereas (for the most part) Christianity has grown up and found a way to exist in the modern world without the Pope and other heads of different denominations aiming to decimate the "enemy". Yeah you have some minority nutjob denominations, but they generally keep to themselves and have no control over society, culture, etc. That is not the case at all with Islam today.

Unfortunately, many contemporary Muslims who don't care for the conquest-oriented rhetoric of their prophet are collateral damage in this battle against extremism. You could argue that they're "selective" readers and the equivalent of a "non-denominational" Christian who only reads the New Testament, but I digress. It's a complicated issue, but there's no solution where nobody gets hurt as long as you have thought leaders on the other side of the ocean who advocate for the type of society that Saudi Arabia has.

It doesn't matter if "historically" Christianity was violent: every religion has had its growing pains. That's not the point. The problem is we are living in the modern world yet Islam still hasn't gotten over its teething stage. If you go to Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Iraq, etc. you see what societies structured by that belief system are like, you would not want to live in those societies. If you speak out against them and say they're not "really" following Islam, they'll cut off your head. That's the reality of the world we live in, so I'm sorry if you don't acknowledge that.

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.

Last edited by Anteater; 02-01-2017 at 09:28 AM.