Music Banter - View Single Post - Kiiii's Arcade
Thread: Kiiii's Arcade
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2017, 09:30 AM   #422 (permalink)
Key

GoldenEye: Source

So, believe it or not, GoldenEye or as some would call it "007" has made it's way back into the wave of gaming that we know and love today. Basically what was done is that somebody took on the role of taking Valve's Source engine and creating a complete conversion that fits the needs of those that hold GoldenEye near and dear to our hearts. The best part about it? It's free. Yes! It's free.

I'm one of those gamers that holds Nintendo 64 games very close to my heart, because that is to my knowledge some of the best gaming I ever did as a kid. And of course, that is what boosted my way into enjoying video games today. Goldeneye, Turok II, Wipeout 64, Super Mario, all those games are some of the best parts of my childhood, and to see some of them come back into the world today and be completely accessible to those with the right setup is pretty amazing.

Looking at it from someone that used to play multiplayer GoldenEye with friends, I can safely say that this conversion mod did everything it was meant to do and more. It keeps the old school graphics that you love about the game, and allows for so much more. Instead of only needing a duel screen multiplayer, the people behind this setup dedicated servers, and of course...those servers tend to fill up pretty quick. The first time I played it, I spent a good 3 hours just really enjoying the feeling of being back in the saddle of GoldenEye.

Perhaps one of the coolest additions with this mod would have to be the soundtrack that the developers made for this game. It's very much similar to the original, but has a unique twist to it that gets your blood pumping and gets your ready to get into the game and shoot down your enemies. Of course, one of my personal favorites would have to be:

If you guys want to play some GoldenEye: Source, I'm more than open to opening up a server and getting some games going.