Music Banter - View Single Post - What Did President Trump Do Now?
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2017, 07:46 AM   #1848 (permalink)
duga
MB quadrant's JM Vincent

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseagainstrocks View Post
To reiterate, poverty, lack of cultural diffusion, lack of empowerment, and lack of opportunity create the ground for terrorists. It takes emotional manipulation to make a 17 year old shepherd strap a bomb to his chest and kill dozens of his neighbors. Religion is arguably the most powerful emotional impetus; a fact well known by the sadistic nihilists that lead ISIS, al Qaeda, etc.
Exactly. People arguing against this seem to think I'm implying Islam has nothing to do with the violence. What I am saying is the fact that Islam is being used as the fuel is secondary to the fact that it is their government and circumstances that are driving the whole thing.

We can have a theological debate all day, but targeting the religion will not fix anything. Emphasizing the religion will only reinforce the negative stereotypes the ignorant and uneducated among us feel towards ALL Muslims. We want people to rally around the right cause, which is to fight the oppressive government currently enforcing this theocracy on their people.