Music Banter - View Single Post - Morality vs Fear of consequences
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2017, 04:19 AM   #21 (permalink)
Oriphiel
Ask me how!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
Please explain... are we immortal or something? I don't understand how you take consequences out of this equation. I mean even with immortality there is always a result of action. We would have to be reduced to the point of non sentience and even then there are consequences, we just wouldn't recognize them.
No duh. On a molecular level, of course every action has a reaction. But this thread is about a specific type of reaction or lack thereof on the social level; no consequences, as in the lack of immediate external punishment imparted by one's peers, which is what Trollheart was referring to. I was just pointing out that his scenario didn't reflect that, since in his scenario there would still be immediate external punishment. However, if you're convinced though that no scenario exists in which people can act without immediate punishment from the people around them, then the point is moot. Since in your mind there is no such scenario, and this thread was created to discuss a scenario that you don't believe exists, then it sounds like you have more of an issue with Trollheart's original prompt than with me. That being so, there is nothing left for us to talk about, and you can feel free to leave this thread to go ponder something else. For example, why New Jersey sucks so much.
-----------------------------
|---Deafbox Industries---|
-----------------------------
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote