Music Banter - View Single Post - Should Chula Stop Posting in the Trump Thread?
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2017, 11:14 AM   #55 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
You do realize that most of the metal music you enjoy might not have ever existed if not for Led Zeppelin exploding onto the scene at the start of the 70s? Black Sabbath's first album came out 13 months after LZ1. Deep Purple's In Rock also came out over a year after LZ1. No one in their right mind would say that both Sabbath and Purple weren't heavily influenced by LZ1 - as was just about every other heavy band that emerged in the 70s.

Go suck on that for a while.
That didn't make me like Led Zeppelin's first four albums any more. I was pretty surprised by how much I couldn't stand about half the songs on those albums. I mean, I've listened to Zeppelin albums before, but never really devoted any time to them, so I was expecting to at least be down with 30% of what I heard.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote