Music Banter - View Single Post - The Music Banter Members' Journals Monthly Update Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2017, 05:12 AM   #890 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Thanks for all your support guys and yes I'll try to put in a better effort for this week's update. I'm also awaiting a final outcome on my aunt, who is 99 and very sick in hospital. She's been like a second mother to me and my siblings so it's not just like it'll be another aunt gone; that in itself makes it hard to care too much about what are in the end pretty trivial matters, and why the tone is so depressed and listless.

I do appreciate the work everyone who posts already does, and I know it's unlikely we'll ever get back to the glory days, but when there are so few individuals posting - no matter how well you all do it - it makes it a little harder to pick out posts for things like "Post of the Week" etc. I suppose a few more comments here would help. Like just now there have been a few but only because my update wasn't up to my usual standard. On the last few though virtually nothing in reply, and then of course it makes you wonder if it's worth even bothering?

I do however want to avoid going the other direction and making the update so varied that people tend to focus on the features/humour in my writing rather than the actual content of the journals being discussed (I know, Batty: what humour?) so it's hard to strike the right balance. I did one a year or more back where Homer took over the writing, and though I thought it was good, it did tend to divert attention away from the content, so I stopped doing that. What, for instance, do you guys think of the Journal Graveyard section? Are there older sections you'd like to see me bring back, or any ideas for new ones? I guess we could all do with a bit of support now and then.

Sorry to whine: I'll hope to do better.
Thanks guys.