Music Banter - View Single Post - Kiiii's Arcade
Thread: Kiiii's Arcade
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2017, 11:29 AM   #427 (permalink)
Key

Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition

I've been constantly going back and forth with Ori and the Blind Forest in regards to me liking it or me not liking it, and I can safely say that after putting a good couple hours into the new and improved definitive edition, I can conclude that the game is amazing and meets the expectations I set up for it when it was previously released.

Before the definitive version, I owned the original release of the game, and man...it was filled with bugs and some game breaking glitches that somehow made me erase my file that I was about 25% into. It was my first play through so I was very disappointed. I had the urge to play the game again a few months later, and I had found that there was a definitive version that apparently fixed all the game breaking bugs and made the game way more fun, and let me tell you, it delivers.

It's unfortunate when a game like this doesn't do well in its original state, and I feel for the developers when they have to re-release a game in a different namesake in order to meet peoples expectations. Luckily, for people that originally owned the original version, the developers went ahead and sent those people a very generous discount for the definitive version, so I felt obligated to buy it.

Ori and the Blind Forest is still to this day, one of the best experiences in regards to playformers and graphics style, but what it really does well is the atmosphere and soundtrack. I've heard some negative things about the end game and the story altogether, but I can't deny that they set this game up to be one of the most beautiful experiences you'll ever...er...experience. I'm nearly halfway through the game, so of course the game does feel a bit short. But there are many secrets to be found, and a whole world to explore.

Definitely do check this game out if you did previously give it a chance.