Music Banter - View Single Post - Are you religious?
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2017, 04:08 PM   #856 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
This one:

Agreed, I think that's a valid point, but I don't think science does that in anyway.

I don't disagree and I don't push my opinions on anyone or go out of my way to convince religious people to stop believing. However, as I stated above, I think religion is one of the greatest contributors of human stagnation, and as someone who gives a damn about the long term progression of humans, it's logical for me to criticize faith without evidence. It's very much the same reason I care about the health of the planet and criticize those who only care about temporary solutions. I genuinely care about the well being of humans 10-20-100 generations from now. Progress matters.
Don't get me wrong, I agree and understand why people want to challenge religious ideas and why they should be challenged, but too many atheists just like arguing on the internet with countless random theist ****wits for the sake of arguing with countless random theist ****wits, and then they declare victory over the Armies of Dog to their echo chamber friends. It's really, really ****ing boring.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote