Music Banter - View Single Post - TOP 20 albums?bands and why (unfinished)
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2006, 05:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
The Overlord
Groupie

Default TOP 20 albums?bands and why (unfinished)

This is a hard topic to start for the obvious reasons of taste change etc. 7 years ago i probably would have put White Zombie here but as i said tastes change (thank god)
at the moment this isnt in any particular order and sometimes some bands have done a number of albums which are equally good for different reasons so im going to list a number of albums together because i cant choose.
1. MESHUGGAH- Destroy erase improve, Chaosphere, nothing, I: these albums/ep are for me equally good, they manage to be brutal. technical, and diferent from each other while maintaining excellent songs. Lots of tech bands forget about writing a good song and just focus on how hard it is to play, this is a mistake. Possibly the best drummer of all time, and an awesome metal vocalist.
2 SLayer- Divine intervention, gasp i hear you gasp, no the best slayer album is rein in blood, well i agree that is an awesome album but divine has spent longer in my cd player, the riffs are amazing the drumming feels like its about to fall apart the whole time and never does, paul bostaph had big shoes to fill and he did. im also giving an honerable mention to deciple from the god hates us all album, this song is the best slayer song ever, Arayas vocals are amazing and the song is indescribable.
The Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote